The organizers of the Alpe d’Huez Triathlon have to cancel the 2020 edition of the race, planned for the 27th to the 31st July 2020. This decision has been taken in consultation with the relevant authorities following the last press release from the French Ministry of Sports in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Beyond the disappointment, this suspension exposes the organization to many difficulties. But it will try to overcome these with the willingness to move forward and the innovation capacity that characterizes it. In this way, we are already thinking ahead to the future, to the next edition planned for the 26th to 30th July 2021. However, for now it is imperative that we manage the current crisis as best we can.
The cancellation of the event means we will put the following measures into motion regarding all those signed up for the 2020 edition. Below are the proposed options depending on the individual athletes situation and wishes.
For those triathletes who took out our cancellation insurance during their registration:
- A full refund will be offered, if requested before 24th July
- The cancellation insurance taken out for 2020 will not cover the 2021 edition
- Once they have been reimbursed, the triathletes will have a guaranteed place for the 2021 race if they wish to apply, which will be held until the 31st October 2020.
Your booking code can be found in your registration confirmation email (contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can’t find it).
For those triathletes who did not take out our cancellation insurance during their registration:
- You may transfer your registration to the 2021 edition. Your place in the race will be reserved until the 31st October 2020.
- You may request a 70% refund, in accordance with our race guidelines, to be requested before 31st October 2020.
- Athletes who haven’t signed up for cancellation insurance may transfer their bib to another triathlete AFTER having transferred their registration to the 2021 edition. This can be done over email at email@example.com before 31 March 2021.
Athletes who have neither requested a refund nor transferred their registration to the 2021 edition by the 31st October 2020 will be automatically reimbursed from 1st November 2020.
The organisers are always available to answer any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails will receive a response, however due to the volume of emails currently in our inbox please bear with us! Thank you for your patience and understanding.